How to Stop Procrastinating
Change can only happen in the now. Wishing for things to have been different in the past is fruitless, and likewise change in the future is just a dream. However, this current moment allows for action to change us to where we want to be in the future. And a present change in perspective can affect how we view the past.
Ralph Smart breaks down 5 steps to stop procrastinating. This is paraphrased and not exactly what he said, so please watch the video.
- Let go of perfection - There is only now. It is not perfect. It may not be where you want to be, but it is here. Let go of the desire for perfection and learn acceptance
- Release resistance - Release your desire to change the now
- Make sure your heart is in what you are doing - Do it with passion or not at all. Place yourself in an environment that doesn’t allow you to procrastinate. Do what you love with passion
- Change your belief system/perception - Perception changes reality. With a change of attitude procrastination disappears. ”Do or do not, there is no try” - Yoda
- If you are doing something that your heart is not into, then do it one step at a time. Pretty soon it will be over and you can move onto something that you love
Thanks for the post Ralph. I always enjoy watching your webcasts. Infinite waters, diving deep!